Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grand Bahama Island Adventures!

yay! I decided that I love snorkeling!
Me being a dolphin or something.

I love the ocean!


On Thursday we made port in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. We did a little shopping there and then caught a taxi to Port Lucaya about 30 minutes away. Then Amanda and Becky went shopping and Diana and I made for the beach! The beach was so beautiful! To give you an idea they filmed all of the Pirates of the Carribean on this island. We played in the water, snorkeled a little bit. We were supposed to go on an excursion snorkeling but once again the excursions were cancelled because of "bad weather" (these people should try the weather in Utah!) After a while we found Amanda and Becky and so then it was time to go catch our taxi back to Freeport. We finished our shopping and Diana and I got our hair braided. It's so funny everywhere you go down there people want to take you on a tour or give you some service and there are ladies everywhere wanting to braid your hair. I decided that my experience in the Bahamas would not be complete without getting my braids so I paid her and then did my best to sit still while she pulled my hair so tight my eyes started to pop out. Then we got back on the ship and got ready for our 'formal night' it was optional but we decided that it would be fun to dress up for dinner one night. So we went to dinner and the show it was called soul rockin nights or something like that. I liked the music but it was really funny when the male dancers kept doing moves on the poles. ha ha Then we went back to our room and packed up our stuff so that we'd be ready to catch the shuttle in the morning.



1 comment:

Missy said...

That water looks AMAZING!