Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here I go again....

Here's volume 2 of my grateful list!

26. Canine Companions for Independence. I love this organization! I can't wait until I am in a position that I can help raise a puppy. I love hearing all the stories about the healing power so dogs and it makes me that much more excited to start my career and involve a facility dog.


---- This is Erica's new puppy in training Nacho II, he's a cutie!

27. Missionaries. I am so glad that the church has such a great missionary program. A lot of my friends who were serving came home this year and it is so fun to hear all of the stories and see how much our church gets to grow through the help of these guys. Also, I like how it helps them grow up into much better people :)

28. I am grateful for the leaders of the church. We are truly blessed to have a living prophet. I love him!

29. I'm grateful for my Grandma and Grandpa Barney. I seriously have the best family ever. And my Grandma is a saint, she is always helping someone out and she is so knowledgeable about the Gospel. My grandpa is hilarious, he's got great stories and he always makes me feel loved.

30. I'm grateful for my Grandma and Grandpa Hamilton. I am so lucky to know and get to spend time with my grandparents. My grandma is such an example of service, she's always fixing something to take to someone who needs it. My grandpa is such a hard worker - he's always got a project or two going on. And they are awesome because they came to all of our softball games :)

31. I am grateful for photos. It's so true that a picture says a thousand words. I love looking back on my pictures and seeing how we've changed and reliving those memories.

32. I am grateful for my adventure to the top of Mount Nebo. It was so fun spending the time with my family and trying something new and fun (backpacking). I am also glad that I made it to the top and back because I will never forget how awesome it was to look out and see forever! Seriously so beautiful and nice to accomplish a pretty tough goal.




33. Another adventure I had that I am grateful for is going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with my friends from the ER. It was so fun to spend time with friends enjoying the great outdoors. I am glad that we survived the rapids and I am grateful that they didn't feed me to the bears like they threatened to.



34. I have to say that our Boulder Mountain trip this year was hilarious and it is one that I will never forget. After if rained for 24 hours and we were all wet it was still fun. I learned how to start a fire even when the ground and wood and everything else is really wet. I loved the fishing. And I love spending the time with my family. And I love Boulder Mountain and all of the memories that it holds for me.


35. Our trip to Manti to see the pageant and do some four wheeling and fishing was a blast! Even though it rained. I wish fishing were like that all the time- cast and reel in a fish, cast and reel in a fish!

36. I am grateful for my rain gear that I finally bought after being rained on for all of the above adventures. It's cute and green and keeps me nice and dry!

37. I am grateful that I got to go to Arizona when my cousin Ben got home from his mission and spend some time with family down there.

38. I am grateful for my first attempt at hiking Timp. I didn't make it to the top but I learned that I do not want to start in the heat of the day because we all know that I die in the heat! And Diana and Ryan rock for hanging out with me. Plus it's way cool that I pretty much pet a mountain goat...



39. And... my favorite adventure of the year: The Black Box. This one was so fun! The San Rafael Desert is some pretty country and the best part about it is that it's not like Moab and crawling with people. There is still some solitude in it. I am so glad that I went and conquered some of my fears once again. It's a pretty dangerous activity, hiking slot canyons, but it was so cool to see the erosion. I can't wait to do it again. I might also say that I am grateful that my dad wants to do it in more than one day next year (people were taking 3 days to do what we did in one) so I don't almost die at the end!



40. Going to California in May. It was so fun to go and see Vecca graduate as a service dog, so nice to see how much she helps the little girl she lives with now. It was also fun to get to spend time with my sister, brother in law and niece going to the beach, the farmer's market, the wild animal park, walking around Vegas and dying of laughter at the continental breakfast at one of our hotels. Thanks Erica and Charlie for sharing with me!

41. While I am talking about California I have to say that I am grateful for the beach because I love it!

42. This year I also got to enjoy the beauty of Moab in the winter. Pretty much this was a way fun roadtrip thanks to Becky and Joel for humoring my emergency road trip to one of my favorite places on earth. And I am grateful we didn't get thrown in jail for driving on the government's helipad. ha ha



43. Primary Children's Medical Center, I am so thankful that we live so close to such a great hospital. When Josie was sick they took such good care of her.

44. Medications. You know how some people hate medicine? Well, I love it. No, I'm not addicted to pain killers but I am glad that we can cure infections and diseases, beat cancer, sedate people who need it, take pain away from people who are suffering. It's a great thing.

45. I am grateful for flu shots. I am fully vaccinated seasonal flu shot and H1N1 (for free from work, yesssss!) And I haven't gotten sick yet despite being exposed 20 bazillion times. yay!

46. hand sanitizer I love the stuff that makes it so when you go somewhere and you can't wash your hands but your whole body is crawling because you can feel the germs you can still have clean hands atleast!

47. I am thankful for deodorant and the people who use it. (I put this on my list while I was at work...)

48. I love Gap. So many cute clothes. So I am thankful for them because otherwise I might might only wear pajamas.


49. I am thankful for craft stores and the entertainment they provide me. Even though I spend too much money at them.

50. I am thankful for kraftfoods.com because they give me good recipes and they have the 3 ingredient thing, check it out. It's wonderful!

til next time....

No comments: