Sunday, November 15, 2009

Things Rachel is Grateful for.... part one

Well it's mid November and it has only snowed twice and it hasn't really stuck. I am so happy. Last year I did a alphabet of what I am thankful for with pics. This year I am going to make a list of 100 things but in 4 parts. I really love Thanksgiving and how it gives us time to reflect on all the blessings that we have! So in no particular order here it is:

1. My health, I am so lucky to be so healthy and strong! I haven't been sick a whole lot this year and I have thus far escaped the swine flu!

2. My niece, she so cute and it's fun when she is so excited to see me.



3. My parents, I am so lucky to be so close to my family. I love them and it's nice to know when I need something they are always there for me.

4. My sister, Erica. I talk to her nearly everyday and she is one of my best friends. I look up to her a lot and I am so grateful for all that she does for our family as a whole. This girl has been met with so many trials and yet she manages to keep her head up and be a success. Even though I am happy she gets to work from home now I am sad that I don't get to take my lunch breaks with her.

5.My sister, Josie. This girl is so tough. She went through some rough things when she was sick earlier this year and she was so brave. She is true to herself and she well she cracks me up all the time.




6. My brother, Rhett. Wow, even though he is a little turd I love this kid to death! He makes all of us laugh so hard. He is a hard worker and is getting good at his autobody welding stuff and I'm going to make him my fix it man. ha ha

7. My brother, Sawyer. This kid reads and remembers so much and he can spew out random info at any second. I'm grateful for how loving and fun he is.

8. My brother in law, Charlie. Charlie saved my life when we were doing the black box and I got heat exhaustion by carrying my pack. And he didn't kill me playing softball :) Among other things...

9. Being able to play softball this year. I miss Tuesday night games and Sunday night practices! Even though I am still learning all the rules and learning to throw and hit better it was fun to be part of the team. I feel like it brought our extended family closer together and that makes me so happy!


10. The gospel. Need I say more? I am so glad that I know we can have our families forever and that no matter what I do Heavenly Father loves me.

11. America, I am so proud to be an American. I love being part of a country where I am blessed with so many freedoms.



12. Veterans, past and present. I am grateful to them and their families for sacrificing to give to not just us as Americans but to others who cannot defend themselves. Grandpa Hamilton is a veteran of the Korean War and I am so proud of the service that he gave.

13. My job. I love that I work in an environment where I get to help people. Even though I am not really involved clinically, I can still help the patients and their families be more comfortable. I also love all the friends I have from the ER :)




14. My bucket list. I love that I have so many goals to accomplish and I know reading it often helps me remember what I want to do! It also helps em see that what I once thought was so important is no longer a priority. Hopefully in the coming year I will get to accomplish some more!

15. Finally deciding what I want to do when I grow up! yay! I am excited to become an Occupational Therapist assistant and eventually an OT. I love helping people and it will be so fun to help them live better lives.

16. My roomates, Angi and Kelsey. I love these girls. I don't know too many people who would put up with let alone participate in my youtube karaoke! Plus it's way cool that we sit around and talk for hours and hours.




17. Coupons. I love saving money. Thanks to Erica, Amanda and others for sharing their coupon wisdom!


(Kelsey took this pic and then edited it... ha ha what a funny girl.)

18. Books, I love to read! I love how you can learn from other people experiences. By the way,I love the new Mitch Albom book, Have a Little Faith. So good.

19. YouTube. Holy cow. Who is the genius that invented this? I have a love hate relationship with how connected we are (ha ha I say this while I blog...) but it's nice to have somewhere to find something funny to watch. And for those of you who love karaoke you should try searching for any song and then karaoke with lyrics ie: heart alone karaoke with lyrics. so fun!

20. My cousin Ben. I had so much fun with him this summer. I really appreciate his friendship.



21. Seasons. Even though I hate the snow I love spring when everything is new and beautiful again. I love the fun that summer brings. The beauty of fall and the joy of the winter holidays.

22. My friends. I am so lucky to have great friends. I don't dare list each of them because I know I'd forget one and I would feel so bad! Thanks to all of them!

23. Warm clothes. Even though I have a strong dislike for the cold that winter brings I love coats and sweaters and jackets and gloves and hats and snow clothes that we only get to wear when the white stuff is on the ground. I am so thankful I have enough clothes to wear to keep me warm!





24. Music. I can't go very long without listening to some music. It's so fun to find love with music new and old.

25. The past year. I have learned a ton in the last year. I have made and lost friends, had my heart broken, tried new things, learned more about myself, grown up (a little), been brave, been loved and given love back. I'd never with to repeat the last year but I'm glad that we get to learn from the past because even though it hurts I am so much better for it.

There's the first 25.... til next time!
loves, Rachel

No comments: