Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Holy Smokes! It has been so long since my last post and my last post was when I was CRANKY! Sorry about that! So what's new... I am finally settled into the new apartment and it's just me and Becky- with an empty room (I think no one wants to live with me...) I am loving it because I have a bigger room and a bigger closet and my own bathroom and a parking garage and it's new to me so it's fun! The ward also seems like it's going to be a lot of fun! (except that it starts at 9 am! ugh) So I am going to do a marathon post and get ya'll up to date!


Easter was a lot of fun! I went to my parent's ward because my friend Weston was giving his mission report after returning from Portugal. It was fun to see him and some of the other people that I never get to see! Then we went to a BBQ at Canyonview Park with my mom's side of the family. We just chatted and then we sent the kids away and kid candy and eggs for them to come find. It was sooo cute and hilarious to watch the kids going for the candy. (Some how they are a little less than my cousins and I used to be...) Following the BBQ we went to my Hamilton Grandparent's house for a little visit. They have the most beautiful yard ever! My Grandpa has been making these really neat birdhouses to go all over his yard. I need to get pics of them! Then I got to go to work. Lucky me.

The following week I went to Arizona. My cousin Ben got home from his mission and since I didn't get to go to his farewell I really wanted to go see his homecoming. Can I tell you how impressed I am? I have always liked Ben but I really think that he has grown up a lot because of his mission. He is such a good boy and honestly whoever gets to marry that kid is one lucky girl! While we were there we celebrated my grandpa's 80 th birthday, rode Ben's Honda 50 around the field across the street from thier house, sat in the hot tub, ate my aunt's freakin' awesome cooking, played with my cute little cousins, went to quik trip (it's the gas station of choice down there I guess?) sat in the sun, jumped in the freezing pool, riding Tessa's bike (which is super cute and I want one like it!) had an Easter egg hunt for the little kids, went for a ride in the desert to a river (Beautiful!), helped play a hilarious joke on my grandpa and heard from Ben about his mission! That's most of it anyway... so fun and nice to get away from Utah and spend some time with the family! You'll all be glad to know that I successfully navigated the airport by myself for the first time (which means no parents or Diana) just fine. I did sit by a guy on the way there that sure could have used some Beano though. EWWWW! Moving on....







So I got back from AZ on Monday and I worked that night and I had to be moved out of my apt by noon on Thursday and I found out that my new apt wasn't ready for me to move in yet. Awful! So I had to move all of my stuff to my parents house and then I called Friday morning and it was ready so I was able to move in the next day but it was super inconvient let me tell you! Now for the funny yet not so funny at the time part. On Tuesday I wake up and wow no power. So I text Becky (my friend/roomate/coworker) and tell her she better call and get the utilities put in her name because we are powerless. So a few hours later she wakes up and calls them and they won't come and turn it on til the next day! $@#%^%! I got really upset. But then I decided to turn it into an adventure. Becky and I played "Survivorwoman" We found ways to survive and entertain ourselves until we had power. Some activites included using sidewalk chalk to make SOS signs, shadow puppets, temporary tatoos, going to walmart and target, roasting marshmallows over candles and making s'mores, making a hut,and going to the hospital. Probably the worst part about it was that I hadn't put my stuff away yet so it was hazardous and I couldn't find ANYTHING after it got dark. Luckily my Dad (stud) gave me a nice flashlight to keep in my car and I also have a headlamp (I'm cool) that works really well. The pics are funny so enjoy!








That is a long enough post I think! I'll catch up on the other stuff later! Peace!

No comments: