Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009- Boulder Mtn Adventure

Well my posts are as usual going to be out of order but that's okay because I think that the pics will be worth it! (p.s. Erica I am holding the bday,cali, boulder pics hostage for the cali ones that you have :)) Anyways since it was Memorial Day weekend we went camping. A while back we used to go on a camping/fishing trip to Boulder Mountain every Memorial. But with so many little kids and with all the things going on it had been some time since we'd been. Then 2 years ago everyone went but my mom, Hal, and I. So this was my first trip in a long time! I love it down there I have so many childhood memories down there plus I think it is so cute how excited my dad gets about it. I worked Thursday night and then went straight to my mom's after work so my dad could wake me up when he needed help. They actually let me sleep til 10- I was so surprised! Then I helped my dad get everything loaded on the truck. I really wish that I had a pic of this but seriously we looked like the clampits. We had 3 four wheelers on a trailer and one in the back of the truck and the coolers tried down on top of the tool box in the back of the truck and of course we have Hal's kennel on the back of my Dad's wheeler that gets us plenty of attention. (I still want to get a life like looking doll to put in there to trick people...ha) So we finally get on the road and I do what I do best in cars... sleep. (I can't help it.) My dad woke me up when we got to the wash board part because he didn't want me to hurt myself. We picked out a camping spot and set up the 4 tents that we were using.Lucky me got to share with Rhett and Josie. Then we made a gourmet meal of hot dogs and chips. yum. Finally about 10 or so we went to bed and as soon as I got in my sleeping bag it started to rain. I thought it was only going to last for a short time. I was soooooo wrong when I woke up it was STILL raining. Charlie being awesome got a fire going and we sat around it and had some oatmeal and hot chocolate and then got suited up in our rain gear and riding gear for the trek up to Fish Creek. This was a scary ride for me - Rhett is a really good rider for the most part so I should have been ok with him but I think that working in the ER has taken away some of my fearlessness. sigh. So we made it to the lake and everyone fished but Rhett and I (I was the fire tender)





Me and my smokin' bum. ha ha kidding.

After a few hours of fishing we went back to camp and it stopped raining for a bit so we dried out our stuff and told my mom and sister not to come down because the weather was not so hot. Then we went to bed- as soon as it started to rain again. In the morning the sun was shining and it was beautiful so we got up and went fishing and called and told the girls to come down. After we fished for a while we went back to camp and I made lunch. Pork tenerloin and baked potatoes. So freakin' good! About that time my mom and sister and niece showed up and so after we ate we went on a little ride.





It was fun because it was Lauren's first ride on the big red four wheeler and not just her little one! After that we just went back to camp and hung out. I took Sawyer on a ride trying to teach him how to drive a 4-wheeler (scary!) and we laughed around the fire some more. Then it was thunder and lightning storm. dang it! So we hid for a bit and then when it was reduced to just rain we went to bed. Then when we woke up we made some yummy breakfast and started packing camp up. Pretty soon it started to hail. Pea sized hail that hurt really bad!

So finally we got all the stuff loaded (clampit style) and headed back home. When we got there this is what the yard looked like.... stuff everywhere getting dried out and of course Lauren was there to boss us all around.


Although the weather sucked it was still a fun adventure and I can't wait to go camping again! And hopefully we go back to boulder soon!

2 comments:

JBatt said...

Looks like you had fun, we went to Lake Mead...but no "blue darts". Can you believe summer is just around the corner?!

Rach said...

I wasn't doing a blue dart! I was drying my bum after I sat on my wet atv seat! I've always wanted to go to lake mead! And I am glad that summer is finally going to be here!