Friday, July 10, 2009

My Birthday!



I can't believe that I'm 21. I'm getting so old! That also means that I am officially legal! I had a really awesome birthday. Thanks all for all the good wishes and for all of you for being my friends! When I woke up my Becky had decorated my door and bathroom and made me a cute candy bar poster! Thanks Becky! I called my friend Diana and she came over and we did some yoga (some day I'll be graceful!) and chatted it up. Then I got ready and went to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. (I had to wait for forever of course!) Then I met Erica, Charlie, Lauren and my cousin Ben at Tucanos for lunch. yum. I love that place. After Ben came over to my apt and hung out for a little while and then Melmer came over and gave me a freakin' sweet gift which actually warrants it's own post. But for a teaser it's title is Poop Log. Sounds like it is perfect for me right? After Melmer left I went over to my parents and rode Sawyer's bike on the trail and around that neighborhood. Such a bad idea after eating so much at Tucanos. Then we ate some brownies and ice cream (always room for desserts) and put the finishing touches on our backpacking trip plans. Then I headed back to Provo and Justin invited me to go see Monsters vs. Aliens. I'd been wanting to see that so I tagged along and after the movie we about laughed ourselves to death. After that I went home and actually went to sleep at a semi-normal time. Happy Birthday to me. And because I am totally flattered that someone wrote a poem for me for my birthday I thought I'd post it on here. BTW this was written by a guy. What talent!



a poem for you on your birthday:

today is a day, much like any other day,
where the sun comes up and the flowers sway,
the cows in the field munch their cud and hay,
and bears eat watermelons down by the bay.

but there's something more to celebrate here,
not just blue skies and a well fed bear,
but the triumph of surviving one more year,
and the joy we all feel by having you near.

thank goodness for us that you didnt die,
you still owe me a chocolate peanutbutter pie,
without it, i mean you, i'd probably cry,
cause you make me smile and you dont even try.

my name is justin and i like to party,
no, rachel's the only one that gets to party,
well i hope that her happiness will not be tardy,
cause now she is legal, just show'em your card-y. (bad rhyme)

i wish you a pony, a castle, and more,
an all access pass to the big candy store,
an endless summer on a lake powell shore,
and the best birthday ever, plus many more.

so again, i am glad you're still in the race,
though you're old and might need to slow down your pace,
and tucanos, cake, and ice cream may enlarge your ace,
happy birthday to you, mountain face!

love,

all the orphans in the whole world


***** FYI: some of you may be deprived and not have Nacho Libre and Hot Rod memorized but there are several allusions to those movies.

No comments: