Sunday, October 12, 2008


Saturday morning I went to BodyWorlds with Diana, Ryan, Erin and Mitch. BodyWorlds is basically an art exhibit made up of 200 REAL human bodies, preserved by plastination. So awesome, if you get a chance to go I would highly recommend it! Especially if you want to see: what your body looks like without skin, what a huge growth there is in 1/2 to 1 week during gestation, what our blood vessels look like (all of them, with nothing else!) and so many other things! Besides being visually mind-blowing I couldn't help but think that there is no way we just 'happened' someone with intelligence far beyond our imaginations created us and put us here with these beautiful bodies. And finally I am a little concerned about my health and the difference that exercise, etc can have on the body (you can see at BodyWorlds!) So I am resolving to take a little bit better care of myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your media fast is going well. Once upon a time I did that and it had great rewards.

As for BodyWorlds, awesome! I loved it when I saw it in Chicago and have encouraged everyone I know to go see it. Dissecting our own cadavers has given me a real appreciation for the work they did. It is so hard, takes lots of time, and is unbelievable how much fat people have. Body Worlds either has some really patient dissectors or some really fit bodies. Pass my greetings to the ER.