Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Moab 2009! Road trip!


These are my recreation clothes... (flexes) ha ha



No one has figured out what this animal is.... come on people!

This is me at Dead Horse Point :)





So as I mentioned in an earlier post Becky, Joel and I went on a lovely road trip to Moab. I have never been there when there is snow but it was way fun! It was about 40 degrees so we just wore sweatshirts and were fine! The first day we drove down there (in Becky's hott new car!) and went on a search for this waterfall at Ken's Lake. We looked around for it for a while and had no success and it was getting dark so we decided to head for the hotel. Sometime on the drive back to the main road we made a wrong turn and ended up driving on these helipads.... luckily I knew to get off them quick! So we turned around and were driving back to the other road and this guy comes hustling out of this little building and goes "I hope you're just lost... this is government secured property (gulp!) ha ha so we told him yes, we're lost and he set us free. Then we went and checked into our hotel, the Sleep Inn. It was pretty nice but the bathroom was tiny- only as big as the one on our cruise or smaller! Well, the vanity was on the outside so that helped some! Then we had the pleasure of Joel's tostadas! He makes them himself! And they were stinking delicious. He even made green salsa, yummmmmmy! Then we played 2 games and Sequence (I won!) and Scattergories and once I got the hang of it (ha ha) I won that too. Then we went to sleep (before 3 am!) listening to the guy in the next room hack his lungs up. Then the next morning we got up and ate some breakfast and packed our lunches and headed to Arches! We made a few stops on the way up (ha ha) and when we finally made it to Arches (going EXACTLY the speed limit) we went to Sand Dune Arch (my favorite!) If you ever go to Arches, this is the one you don't want to miss! There is tons of climbing to be had and it's super fun! (also, it's nice and shady back there when it is hot, and an easy one for little kids :]) Then we went to Devil's Garden and hiked! It was so beautiful! And it wasn't crowded at all! Sad news though! remember wall arch? it broke and so now the trail goes around it. Somewhere I know we have a family pic in front of it. I tried to find it but I don't think that scrapbook had been unpacked yet. After that we went and did the little viewpoint hike for Delicate Arch, which is gorgeous! Then we headed back to town and went to Zaks and ate some really yummy BBQ pizza! Then we went to the store and got some graham crackers, marshmallows, frosting and saltines! When we got back to the hotel we decided to go sit in the hot tub. The only problem was that Becky and I didn't bring our suits, I looked and didn't see anything about a hot tub on the website. So we decided we'd just go put out feet in. So we are in the little room and this whole family comes in. Let's just say that after the third cannonball that the little boy did Becky and I should have just gotten in. Best night of hot tubbing ever! Then we went back to the room and played scattergories again. Joel won this time but that was because I was tired. Then we made some treats! S'mores in the microwave and frosting on graham crackers and marshmallows on saltines (you gotta try it!) Then we watched Ironman because Joel had never seen it! Then we went to sleep. Then we woke up early in the morning (days kill me!) We decided to make a run out to Dead Horse Point State Park, I'd never been there. It was a very lovely day and the view from the point is spectacular. Then we drove and drove and drove to Goblin Valley State Park. I had never been here either but it is kinda a cool place! There are lots of rock formation that look like...mushrooms, etc. But I guess some people think they look like goblins. We ate lunch and played there for a while (not long enough) and then headed for home. Joel was the dj the whole trip. He even put up with Ace of Base and a little bit of Myley. Then we made it home and we unpacked and cleaned up and that was our Moab Adventure. yay, next time maybe you can come.

No comments: